A week of water-based oils and watercolours – from 22nd June 2018
We are delighted to be hosting painting courses by two local artists during the week commencing 22nd June 2018. Choose from a weekend of water-based oils or a mid-week watercolour stay or a full week experiencing both media. Teaching will take place in our beautiful conservatory, outdoors in the grounds or in nearby locations. Tuition is from 10am – 3.30pm each day with lunch, tea & coffee and cake included on teaching days. Accommodation in your own ensuite double room in our comfortable complex of thatched cottages in a peaceful hidden valley in Devon’s beautiful Blackdown Hills. When not painting you can enjoy our lovely grounds, games room, heated indoor pool and stunning local surroundings.
Belinda Reynell will be teaching a two-day water-based oil painting course with accommodation for three nights. Arrive from 3pm on Friday 22nd June 2018, tuition on Saturday and Sunday 23rd & 24th June, depart by 10am on Monday 25th June. Optional evening meals out in recommended local pubs. Maximum 10 people per course.
Celia Olsson will be teaching a three-day watercolour course on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 26th – 28th June 2018 with accommodation for four nights from 3pm on Monday 25th June. Departure by 10am on Friday 29th June. Optional evening meals out in recommended local pubs. Maximum 12 people per course.
Enjoy five days tuition and seven nights accommodation (for the price of six) by attending both courses. Monday 25th June will be yours to enjoy as you wish – why not visit some art galleries in Topsham or Exeter, hop on a steam train to Dartmouth, or go on your own field excursion to sketch by the sea or on Dartmoor. The opportunities are boundless. Ask Katie for more information.
One of our watercolour course participant’s said the following: “Thank you both for a brilliant art week. Well put together, a lot of personal effort and enthusiasm. I really enjoyed it and have learnt a lot.”
Belinda Reynell course £250 (three nights accommodation, two days tuition)
Tuition and lunch only (no accommodation) £100
Celia Olsson course £350 (four nights accommodation, three days tuition)
Tuition and lunch only (no accommodation) £150
Both courses £550 (seven nights accommodation, five days tuition)
Tuition and lunch only (no accommodation) £250
– The painting courses and accommodation cannot be booked online. Please contact Katie direct to book.
– The cottages are self-catering so you will need to bring your own breakfast, drinks and any other food you require. Towels and bed linen provided.
– Lunch, tea, coffee and cake is provided on all tuition days. Please inform of any dietary requirements at the time of booking.
– For people staying all week lunch is not provided on Monday. Please ask for suggestions for days out if needed.
– Optional evening meals can be arranged in recommended local pubs if required. For suggestions of local pubs visit this webpage.
– Prices are based on single occupancy of a double ensuite room in one of our cottages.
– Requests for ground floor rooms and preferences for rooms with bath or shower may be accommodated on a first come first served basis where possible. Please ask at the time of booking.
– A discount on the second person may be available where two course participants wish to share a room. Please ask if this applies.
– Non-painting partners may share rooms for an extra fee. Lunch may be included for an extra fee. Please ask if this applies.
– A 50% deposit will be required to secure your booking with the remainder due by 11 May 2018. Payment should be made by BACS.
– A minimum of five course participants are required for the course to go ahead. If this number is not reached, the course will be cancelled and you will be given a full refund.
To book or if you have any questions please contact Katie direct on 01884 266699 or [email protected]