Two days of plein air oil tuition with
26th and 27th June 2021
Local award-winning artist Julie Dunster will be teaching a two-day plein-air oil painting course. Julie lives just down the road and takes inspiration from the beautiful views she finds in Devon's countryside, on the coast and in our market towns. Julie is excited about working en plein air (outdoors) to capture the rural landscape and buildings of our hidden valley here at Halsbeer Farm.
Accommodation available from 4.30pm on Friday 25th June to 10am Monday 28th June inclusive.
Residential course cost £350 (three nights accommodation, two days tuition including lunch).
Tuition and lunch only (2 days) £150 (no accommodation)
To see more of Julie's work visit her website at https://www.juliedunsterartist.com
Three days of watercolour tuition with
6th to 8th July 2021 inclusive
We are delighted to be hosting our third watercolour painting course at Halsbeer Farm in July 2021 (postponed from July 2020). This time the course will be taught by Lynda Kettle, chair of the Sidmouth Society of Artists. Award-winning artist Lynda loves painting details of buildings so is excited to get to work on capturing some of the old doors, gates, water pumps and other features of the old farm and cottages here at Halsbeer.
Accommodation will be available from 4.30pm on Monday 5th July until 10am on Friday 9th July.
Residential course cost £450 (four nights accommodation, three days tuition including lunch).
Tuition and lunch only (3 days) £195 (no accommodation)
To see more of Lynda's work visit her website at http://www.lynda-kettle.com
Teaching for both courses will take place in the conservatory and/or outdoors in the grounds (weather depending of course). Tuition is from 10am - 3.30pm each day with lunch, tea & coffee and cake included on teaching days.
Accommodation will be in your own ensuite double room in our comfortable complex of thatched cottages in a peaceful hidden valley in Devon’s beautiful Blackdown Hills. When not painting you can enjoy our lovely grounds, games room, heated indoor pool and stunning local surroundings.
To book your place or if you have any questions please email [email protected] or call Katie on 01884 266699.
- The painting course and accommodation cannot be booked online. Please contact Katie direct to book.
- The cottages are self-catering so you will need to bring your own breakfast, drinks and any other food you require. Towels and bed linen provided.
- Lunch, tea, coffee and cake is provided on all tuition days. Please inform of any dietary requirements at the time of booking.
- Optional evening meals can be arranged in recommended local pubs if required. For suggestions of local pubs visit this webpage.
- Prices are based on single occupancy of a double ensuite room in one of our cottages.
- Requests for ground floor rooms and preferences for rooms with bath or shower may be accommodated on a first come first served basis where possible. Please ask at the time of booking.
- A discount on the second person may be available where two course participants wish to share a room. Please ask if this applies.
- Non-painting partners may share rooms for an extra fee. Lunch for them can also be included for an extra fee. Please ask if this applies.
- A 50% deposit will be required to secure your booking with the remainder due six weeks prior to the course. Payment should be made by BACS.
- A minimum of five course participants are required for the course to go ahead. If this number is not reached, the course will be cancelled and you will be given a full refund.
- 10 spaces are available per course.
"Thank you very much for organising the course. Thanks also for laying on such wonderful food, sunshine and welcome, it truly made for a wonderful week. I’ve come back to work completely relaxed and inspired by what I learnt."
Do please let Katie know if you are interested in attending future art courses. Thanks.
Please note many of the photos depicted on this webpage are of the 2018 and 2019 courses which were with different tutors to those who will be teaching in 2021, but hopefully they will illustrate how beautiful our setting here at Halsbeer Farm is, our facilities and how lucky we have been with the weather on the previous two courses!