Three days of watercolour tuition with Celia Olsson – from 2nd-4th July 2019 inclusive
(accommodation available from 3pm on the afternoon of Monday 1st July to 10am on the morning of Friday 5th July 2019)
We are delighted to be hosting another painting course at Halsbeer Farm. The three-day watercolour course will take place from Tuesday 2nd to Thursday 4th July inclusive and will be again taught by Celia Olsson who led a similar course in 2018.
Teaching will take place in our beautiful conservatory, outdoors in the grounds or in nearby locations. Tuition is from 10am – 3.30pm each day with lunch, tea & coffee and cake included on teaching days. Accommodation in your own ensuite double room in our comfortable complex of thatched cottages in a peaceful hidden valley in Devon’s beautiful Blackdown Hills. When not painting you can enjoy our lovely grounds, games room, heated indoor pool and stunning local surroundings.
Last year we spent Wednesday out and about in nearby Culmstock, painting by the church and the river, with lunch at the fabulous Strand Stores. This year we may return there or venture further afield. Options include a day out in Blackborough Woods with a picnic or the beautiful thatched village of Broadhembury with lunch at the historic Drewe Arms Inn. To be determined and also dependent on weather.
Testimonials from 2018 course participants
“Thank you both for a brilliant art week. Well put together, a lot of personal effort and enthusiasm. I really enjoyed it and have learnt a lot.”
“Thank you very much for organising the course. Thanks also for laying on such wonderful food, sunshine and welcome, it truly made for a wonderful week. I’ve come back to work completely relaxed and inspired by what I learnt.”
RATES and how to BOOK
Celia Olsson residential course £400 (four nights accommodation, three days tuition including lunch).
Tuition and lunch only £180 (no accommodation)
To book your place or if you have an questions please email [email protected] or call Katie on 01884 266699.
– The painting course and accommodation cannot be booked online. Please contact Katie direct to book.
– The cottages are self-catering so you will need to bring your own breakfast, drinks and any other food you require. Towels and bed linen provided.
– Lunch, tea, coffee and cake is provided on all tuition days. Please inform of any dietary requirements at the time of booking.
– Optional evening meals can be arranged in recommended local pubs if required. For suggestions of local pubs visit this webpage.
– Prices are based on single occupancy of a double ensuite room in one of our cottages.
– Requests for ground floor rooms and preferences for rooms with bath or shower may be accommodated on a first come first served basis where possible. Please ask at the time of booking.
– A discount on the second person may be available where two course participants wish to share a room. Please ask if this applies.
– Non-painting partners may share rooms for an extra fee. Lunch for them can also be included for an extra fee. Please ask if this applies.
– A 50% deposit will be required to secure your booking with the remainder due by 20th May 2019. Payment should be made by BACS.
– A minimum of five course participants are required for the course to go ahead. If this number is not reached, the course will be cancelled and you will be given a full refund.
Award-winning local artist Belinda Reynell will be teaching workshops in water-based oils based around the theme of bluebell woods at our sister property Blackdown Yurts as part of the Blackdown Experience on the weekend of 11th and 12th May 2019. To find out more see here.